So what’s the secret? 10K plus followers on Instagram, Facebook engagement, a strong brand identity – how do we get there and does it really benefit your business? Instagram influencers have become key targets for large and small-scaled companies in creating advertising campaigns and strategic promotions. We chatted with the top social media influencers in the Burgh to spill their secrets in getting the CLICKS, LIKES and FOLLOWERS businesses thrive for.
- Be true to yourself: people will see right through you if you’re trying too hard to be someone you’re not. It may work in the beginning, but it won’t last. For example: Not into fashion? Then don’t try to be a fashion blogger. Showcase what YOU wear and tell people WHY it suits your life.
- Engage: Respond to messages. Answer people’s questions. They trust you and come to you for a reason. Don’t let them down.
- Be Flexible: You may be set to post a blog on a certain topic this week, but if another idea seems more timely, then switch your game plan. Consider posting things in response to what’s going on in society, news or social media. You don’t need to be political, rather, you can be encouraging and share personal stories that relate to the current headlines.
Love Social Media
“Answer every DM and every comment. That’s right. According to research, 71% of consumers who had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. So, while it might seem overwhelming to answer everyone, if that person took the time to write your business a comment, you should take the time to respond to them! You’ve got to give love to get love on social media!”
I know for some people, “Influencer” is a dirty word, but I don’t see it that way. I’m proud to be a content creator in the influencer space working with some pretty cool brands and businesses. To me, being an “influencer” means I have cultivated a community who feels TRULY connected to me and who trusts and values what I say and share. That’s an HONOR and PRIVILEGE and something I don’t take lightly.
Social media platforms are meant for us to ENGAGE with each other. They’re meant to connect and cultivate and galvanize…and I think they make us feel less alone as we’re all figuring out the different phases of our lives!
Here are my top tips if you’re looking to grow in the influencer space:
- Be your TRUE self…warts and all! I’m serious about this. No one is perfect even if they look perfect on Instagram. The more you are willing to share your imperfections, the more people will be drawn to you.
Share what brings you joy and LIGHTS YOU UP! I don’t know how the algorithm knows this, but the posts and pictures that come from your heart ALWAYS DO BETTER. I think it’s the
authenticity factor. If you’re sharing stuff you’re not excited about, people sense it!
COLLABORATE, COLLABORATE, COLLABORATE! These platforms are all about collaboration over competition. The more you team up with others and share and tag them…the more growth you will see!
TIPS TO HELP YOU HAVE A KICK ASS SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE
Whether it’s a small business or an individual, I absolutely LOVE helping people learn the tips and tricks to having a great social media presence! For some, social media is hard and tedious, but it is absolutely CRUCIAL to be on these platforms if you’re trying to grow your business or brand. These are the three basic steps I share with my clients when helping them up their social media game.
- Awesome photos and videos. Your content needs to be EYE CATCHING! The best way to do this is to hire a professional photographer and spend one or two days a month creating content. You should do this if you’re a business or an individual blogger looking to grow. There are so many photographers who work at different hourly rates, and there is someone out there who will work with you and your budget. I have several photographers I work with depending on what my client needs and wants.
Post consistently. This is an ABSOLUTE MUST. Everyone is always looking at their phone and scrolling, and you’re only going to get their eyeballs on your content if you are POSTING! Twice a day is ideal, but aim for at least once a day.
ENGAGE, ENGAGE, ENGAGE! These platforms are meant for engagement and connection. You can’t just post and run. You have to respond to comments and DMs, and then you must spend time liking other people’s photos and videos and commenting as well. I recommend spending an hour a day on the platform…even if that hour is spread throughout your day.
If you’d like more help or insight, I’m always excited to meet new people! You can find me on Instagram at @itscourtneybrennan where you will see the realness that is #MomLife, endless photos of my sweet little boy, my home renovations and those ever‐important #OOTD. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect!